Secondary School Learning at Crossroads Public School
What is the Secondary Routes Program?
- An opportunity for students to work full-time while still earning high school credits through online learning and teacher support.
How does it work?
- Students are officially enrolled in the DSBN and linked to Eden High School’s register.However, their courses will be offered at Crossroads Public School.The students meet at the school one night a week to learn and work together with a Secondary School Teacher.Students can earn high school credits and a diploma without the need to go into a high school.
What are the benefits of the program?
- A student may continue to work full time while earning a high school diploma
- Courses are designed with the Low German community in mind, and are respectful of the heritage and beliefs of Low German families
- Courses meet the individual’s needs
- Laptops may be provided – students can continue to work on courses from any location.
- Flexible hours
- Students can communicate with teachers by phone, email and in person
- Assistance with employment opportunities
- Graduating with a high school diploma and continuing in the workplace, college or university
Who can apply?
- Youth who are high school age and young adults.
What if I don’t currently attend a DSBN Elementary School?
- That’s not a problem! You may apply from another school, home schooling, the workplace, etc.
Where is the Routes Program offered?
- Crossroads Public School located at 1350 Niagara Stone Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake
How do I get more information or register?
- Call Gerda Klassen at Crossroads Public School 905-468-7793 or Marian Reimer Friesen at the District School Board of Niagara 905-641-1550 x 54105