INFORMATION ABOUT TRANSCRIPTS/DIPLOMAS
The District School Board of Niagara (DSBN) Records Centre processes requests for official copies of transcripts and diplomas received from former students who have previously attended a DSBN Secondary School or Adult Learning Centre (or schools within the former Lincoln County and Niagara South School Boards).
If you require records for students who are still enrolled in a District School Board of Niagara Elementary School, Secondary School, or Adult Education Centre, please contact the school directly.
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
- The Records Centre cannot process a transcript request if the last secondary school or adult learning centre you attended was located:
- within the jurisdiction of the Niagara Catholic District School Board
(NOTE: St. Thomas ALC, St. John Centre, St. Ann’s ALC, Father Fogarty, and Bishop .J. McCarthy are Adult Learning Centres from the Niagara Catholic District School Board.)
- in another part of the Province of Ontario
- in another Province in Canada
- in another country.
- If a public or private school you attended closed before 1969, contact the Ministry of Education, Records Management Unit at 900 Bay Street, Toronto, 416-325-2492.
- Student transcripts are confidential and can only be issued upon the written request or consent of the student. If the student is 18 years of age or over, a parent or guardian may not request or receive a transcript without written authorization from the student, including proof of the student’s identification. Student’s must complete:
DSBN Transcript and Diploma Request Form to make this request. Click link here or below to access form.
- Any discrepancies in courses or marks on your Transcript must be resolved by your home school. The Records Centre is not authorized to change any mark or credit information.
- The Records Centre is not authorized to print Report Cards. Please contact your home school regarding these documents.
- In compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Records Centre is not permitted to release any student information over the phone.
Records that provide Proof of Secondary School Achievement/Graduation:
Transcripts – Fee $20.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time. Transcripts are generally issued within five (5) to seven (7) business day after receipt of request and fee payment. Transcripts provide proof of graduation (i.e. lists the type of diploma received and the month and year of graduation), as well as a list of all courses taken and marks granted.
Diplomas – Fee $25.00 each, with a maximum request of three copies for each request. Diploma requests may take up to two weeks to process as the replacement diploma(s) must be ordered by the DSBN Records Department from the Ministry of Education. Diplomas provide proof of graduation only and do not contain any course or mark information.
Ordering Student Transcripts and/or Diplomas